Gods Love We Deliver is an organization in NYC that prepares and delivers nutritional meals to people with life altering illnesses. They are always looking for volunteers in their kitchen to help prep and pack their meals. As a student at FCI, we are encouraged to take advantage of this opportunity during the first 6 weeks of school to hone our knife skills, and get accustomed to being in a kitchen.
This morning, I went down there for my first shift, and it was a great time! I can't wait to do this again. I diced a ton of peppers, helped prepare vegetable dishes, and packaged some meals of rice, vegetables and pork chops.
This is a great organization, and anyone willing to donate time is welcome.
For more information, you can visit their site by clicking here!
Best Dishes NY Editors Ate This Week: June 9
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment