Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Make It or Break It

Time flies when you are......running around a kitchen like a chicken with your head cut off and constantly "branding" yourself on the oven, flat top or stove.

Believe it or not, but my midterm for FCI is here, and I will take it on Friday. This is the level that basically determines your future in the school. You can be a straight A student up until now, but if you do not pass this practical, you must be held back from your class and repeat the level. Oh, and did I mention that you have to pay for that too?!?!?

I am ridiculously nervous for this final. I have been having trouble meeting the time limits lately (although my team is down one person so we have been having to double up), and on Monday night I made the sauce for my fish with veal stock instead of lobster stock. That would have been a definite failure for sure. I mean, it was an honest mistake. They don't look or smell anything alike so anyone could have made that error....NOT! I don't know, I just was in such a rush to get things done, I just grabbed the wrong one.

So, here's hoping that Friday is not a complete and utter disaster!

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck Betts!! I know you can do it, be confident :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a champ - knock em dead! - Erik

    ReplyDelete