I got my first trail!!!
For those of you saying "what is a trail", let me explain. In the culinary world, interviews as we know them don't always happen, but before anyone will hire you, you always come in for a "trail". Basically, you come in for prep and stay through service and do everything you are told.....from chopping, slicing, maybe helping during service. I will be going in later in the week for dinner service.
This is my FIRST trail in my career. I'm NERVOUS. I have no idea what to expect. My school tells us that in addition to prepping and stuff, students have been asked to make things on the fly for the Chef. This is what I hope does NOT happen. I will die from nerves!
Anyway, I'm still setting it up, but should be going later in the week. Keep your fingers crossed for me! While this place is not my #1, it's still a really good restaurant, and being my first trail I have no idea what to expect so the anxiety is killing me :-)
Best Dishes NY Editors Ate This Week: June 9
1 year ago
My fingers are crossed!!!
ReplyDeleteGO BETTY GO!!!
ReplyDelete